Now accepting applications for the 2015 scholarship
BestUniversitiesOnline.net is excited to announce its 2015 scholarship program which will reward one lucky college student with a $500 scholarship.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- We will award a $500 scholarship to the applicant chosen.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be currently attending a college or university, or will be attending in the fall of 2015.
- Applicant must have a min. of 3.0 GPA based on the previous school year’s academic performance.
- For the essay portion of the application, please write an essay on the topic: Describe something you have done in the past year that has made a difference in your community. The essay must be 400 words or more.
How to Apply
- Fill out the scholarship application.
- A winner will be selected July 31, 2015
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient’s college or university.
- BestUniversitiesOnline.net will not contact individual applicants unless he/she is the scholarship recipient.
Necessary Documents Required of Potential Winners
- One copy of Official High School or College Transcripts
- Publicity/Liability Release
- Copyright Assignment
- IRS Form W-9
- Headshot photograph in high-resolution, digitally as a JPEG or TIFF file
When does the scholarship submission process begin and end?
- The essays may be submitted between 12:00AM MST on July 31, 2014 and 12:00AM MST on July 31, 2015. The winner of the scholarship will be notified via email by January 15, 2015.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any student who is currently attending a college or university, or will be attending in the winter of 2015.
How will the essays be judged?
- The essays will be reviewed and judged by creativity, specificity, and grammar. We are looking for students who need the extra money to get through college. We understand the financial burden of college. We were students too. 🙂
- A small amount of personal information is needed to verify the submission and provide BestUniversitiesOnline.net with the means to contact the winner of the scholarship. This personal information is used for our internal records only and we will not share your personal information with any third-parties.